VIRGINIA BEACH, VA – JULY 20, 2020– Lawson is proud to announce that our organization received multiple awards at the 36th annual Coastal Multifamily Housing Council Awards of Excellence Celebration.
Merit Awards recognize outstanding individual performance and Awards of Excellence are presented to exceptional apartment communities in southeastern Virginia.
Judges toured 128 apartment multifamily communities throughout the area, selecting gold, silver and bronze winners in multiple Awards of Excellence categories. Staff professionals also compete for honors in the Merit Award Competition.
Lawson is thrilled to share our 2021 CMHC Awards of Excellence winners:
MERIT AWARD WINNERS
- Devona Gunn, Regional Property Manager of the Year
- Christina Montgomery, Property Manager of the Year
- John Knox Towers, Runner-Up, Residents’ Choice
AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE WINNERS
- Campostella Commons, Gold Award, Communities completed between 1990-1999
- Chartwell, Gold Award, Communities completed between 1975-1979
- John Knox Towers, Gold Award, Senior communities completed before 2000
- The Retreat at Harbor Pointe, Gold Award, Communities completed as of 2020 or later
- Merrimack Landing, Silver Award, Communities completed between 1940-1949
- Greenlakes, Bronze Award, Communities completed between 1975-1979
PLATINUM AWARD WINNERS
Ninety-Five communities competed for Platinum Awards recognizing specific components of an apartment community.
- Chartwell, Runner-Up, Best Maintenance Shop
The CMHC Awards also recognize recent graduates of RAM (Registered Apartment Management) School. The graduates completed a two-week basic RAM training program in on-site management, the first step to acquiring the RAM designation, a Department of Housing and Urban Development-approved certification program. We’re pleased to recognize the hard work of Lawson’s recent RAM graduates.
LAWSON 2021 RAM SCHOOL GRADUATES
- Danielle Emerson, Harpers Square
- Elizabeth Mata, Alexander at 1090
- Megan Mendez, Baker Woods and Summer Haven
- Jazz’ma Tavers, Oakmont North
- Shaquille Whitlock, Belle Summit
Lawson Realty Corp. President, Susan Glancy said, “Lawson was well represented at the CMHC awards and we’re grateful to our team members for their outstanding performance and dedication. The past year has been challenging and we couldn’t be prouder of our award winners and RAM graduates.”
At Lawson, we understand that what we do – and how we do it – affects the everyday lives of people we care about. Since 1972, we’ve focused on positively impacting the communities we serve, from team members and residents to investors and business partners. We manage and own nearly 6,000 apartment units and continue to grow with approximately 1,200 units in development. Our business model provides vertical integration of development, construction, property management and asset management, which enables our team of experts to add value at every stage for our partners. When you act with integrity, focus on quality and work to find creative solutions, great things are possible. It’s how we’ve done business at Lawson for over 45 years. For more information, please visit www.lawsoncompanies.com.
About Coastal Multifamily Housing Council
The Coastal Multifamily Housing Council (CMHC) is a council of Coastal Virginia Building Industry Association and focuses its educational efforts on programs specific to the management, leasing and maintenance of apartment communities. It represents member companies and communities throughout southeastern Virginia. (It was formerly known as the Tidewater Multifamily Housing Council.) For more information, please visit www.cvbia.com.